The other day an old friend from high school posted one of those Facebook challenges on my page. Usually I do not rise to such challenges due to lack of inclination or time. But this one I just had to. So here are my --
12 Random Things About Me That Others May or May Not Know
1. I’m actually 6 foot 2. I just always wear my elevator shoes and push the down button.
2. While living in Japan I learned the ancient art of brewing a tea
from the wings of the cherry tree beetle.
It has many medicinal properties.
3. I once tunneled from my backyard to my friend John’s backyard.
4. I married my wife in Hawaii after saving her from being sacrificed in a volcano.
|illustration from Uncle Charlie’s Blog|
5. I once spent a lovely afternoon talking with Jodie Foster on the day that she bought her first car -- it was a Jeep.
6. I have a castle in Spain.
7. I march to a different drummer -- but the son-of-a-bitch can’t keep a beat.
8. I once lived in an alternate reality
|Alternate Reality Digital Art by Sandra Bauser|
-- or was that just Orange County?
9. A dog once bit off my right ear. I had the doctors graft it onto the sole of my right foot so I could keep an ear to the ground.
|Self-portrait with cut ear' by Vincent Van Gogh. Photograph- Roger-Viollet/Rex Features|
10. I have a younger brother, Stan, who is nothing but a figment of the imagination of a pastry chef in Bangor, Maine.
-- Nevertheless he sends me a box of sugar cookies every year for my birthday.
11. I wear long johns in the Summer
and nothing next to my skin in the Winter.
That’s how much of a contrarian I am.
12. The first time I fell in love I mistook it for a fever, so I went to bed. Unfortunately not with international supermodel
who kept asking me to come to her suite.
Although there may be some truth in each one of these -- only one of these is 100% true. Can you guess which one?